One-day Aunkai Open Seminar in Tokyo given by Akuzawa sensei.
Theme: Unbalancing, and creation of a stable form
Aunkai has a strong focus on training in posture and use of center of gravity, to become stable in a manner transcending age.
What does it mean to talk about body usage that transcends age?
Why is it that this cannot be achieved without relaxation?
What is internal usage in comparison to external usage?
What kind of tanren is it that develops deep understanding of posture?
In this seminar, regardless of level, participants will experience the progression of training from contact, through unbalancing, to striking and free practice in a fun manner conducive to learning.
- Date: 17th September 2018 (Monday—public holiday)
- Venue: Musashinodai Primary School Gym Hall (Access information)
Address: 5-1-1 Kami-Saginomiya, Nakano-ku, Tokyo 165-0031
- Time: 13:00-17:00 (Meeting at 12:30 in front of Assembly Room)
- Fee: 6000 JPY (Aunkai members: 5000 JPY)
- Application: please use online application form.
Note: direct participation without prior application is not permitted.
- Participation: 18 years or older and in good health. Experience not required. No other particular prerequisites.
- Clothing/footwear: clothing easy to move around in; indoor shoes (barefoot also OK).
- Other: please bring own water/drinks, towels.
- Dinner reservation: post-seminar dinner with sensei is planned (expected cost approximately 3000 JPY). A great time to ask questions, mix and mingle, and benefit from each other’s experiences.
Confirmations can be made in advance, with finalization during seminar break.