One-day Aunkai Open Seminar in Tokyo given by Akuzawa sensei, divided into two sections:
- Body development for Bujutsu
- Training for proficiency in bare-hands sparring
Aunkai derives its effectiveness from internal body manipulation and mechanics. The first part of this seminar will focus on essential aspects necessary to understand body structure, use of postural, and body development exercises (tanren) will be covered.
The second part of the seminar will be spent on the relationship to skills related to unbalancing an opponent.
The seminar will be presented so as to be accessible to people both young and old, with little or long experience in martial arts, and who are curious about how these arts are intended to work.
- Date: 23rd September 2023 (Thursday [public holiday])
- Venue: Musashinodai Primary School Gym Hall, Nakano-ku, Tokyo (Address: 5-1-1 Kami-Saginomiya, Nakano-ku, Tokyo 165-0031)
Seibu-Ikebukuro line: ~12 minutes walk from Fujimidai station
Seibu-Shinjuku line: ~12 minutes walk from Sagi-no-Miya station, or ~ 15 minutes walk from Shimo-Igusa station
- Time: 15:00–18:00
- Fee: 8000 JPY
- Application: please use online application form
- While not mandatory, we recommend wearing of masks, as many person will be in close proximity
- Note: direct participation without prior application is not permitted
- Important: in the past we have experienced issues with venue changes outside of our control. If such a situation occurs, we will post changes on our website and notify applicants via email. Please check email and webpage for possible changes as the data of the seminar approaches.
- Participation: 18 years or older and in good health
- Clothing/footwear: clothing easy to move around in; indoor shoes (barefoot also OK)
- Other: please bring own water/drinks, towels