On 17th July 2019, Akuzawa sensei gave an invitational seminar at the old Kyoto Butokuden, for Leo Tamaki and Kishinkai Aikido as well as participants from other arts.
Aunkai International is proud to announce our annual retreat in Chichibu, Japan. This time, it will be open to anyone who has participated in an Aunkai seminar.
Come join us and experience training with people from all over the world, surrounded by the dense nature of Chichibu!
Contact us at the email address provided on the flyer, or via the contact information on our website, and let us know which dates you can attend.
More information will be made available in due course here on our website.
Since space is limited, we urge people to secure their spots early.
Akuzawa sensei looks forward to seeing everyone of you.
One-day Aunkai Open Seminar in Tokyo given by Akuzawa sensei.
Theme: Learning to use centerline (seichūsen) and center of gravity (Jūshin)
For some, centerline might refer to the anatomical centerline found in many textbooks.
The Aunkai works with a different kind of centerline — one that only reveals its merits in a martial context once the practitioner can feel it. This centerline is the basis for the Aunkai many unique and effective movements.
In this seminar, we will walk you through the process of posture and movements needed to “feel” this centerline.
This centerline is a very concrete proprioceptive feeling that was developed from the usage of bladed weapons.
Understanding this organization of the body can lend itself to producing devastating strikes, incredibly effective throws with little effort, all of which can be used in a variety of martial disciplines.
- Date: 23rd September 2019 (Monday—public holiday)
- Venue: Musashinodai Primary School Gym Hall, Nakano-ku, Tokyo (Access information)
Address: 5–1–1 Kami-Saginomiya, Nakano-ku, Tokyo 165–0031
- Time: 13:00–16:30
- Fee: 6000 JPY
- Application: please use online application form.
Note: direct participation without prior application is not permitted.
- Participation: 18 years or older and in good health.
- Clothing/footwear: clothing easy to move around in; indoor shoes (barefoot also OK).
- Other: please bring own water/drinks, towels.
- Dinner reservation: post-seminar dinner with Akuzawa sensei is planned (expected cost approximately 3000 JPY). A great time to ask questions, mix and mingle, and benefit from each other’s experiences.
Confirmations can be made in advance, with finalization during seminar break.