One-day Aunkai Open Seminar in Tokyo given by Akuzawa sensei.
Theme: Learning to use centerline (seichūsen) and center of gravity (Jūshin)
For some, centerline might refer to the anatomical centerline found in many textbooks.
The Aunkai works with a different kind of centerline — one that only reveals its merits in a martial context once the practitioner can feel it. This centerline is the basis for the Aunkai many unique and effective movements.
In this seminar, we will walk you through the process of posture and movements needed to “feel” this centerline.
This centerline is a very concrete proprioceptive feeling that was developed from the usage of bladed weapons.
Understanding this organization of the body can lend itself to producing devastating strikes, incredibly effective throws with little effort, all of which can be used in a variety of martial disciplines.
- Date: 23rd September 2019 (Monday—public holiday)
- Venue: Musashinodai Primary School Gym Hall, Nakano-ku, Tokyo (Access information)
Address: 5–1–1 Kami-Saginomiya, Nakano-ku, Tokyo 165–0031
- Time: 13:00–16:30
- Fee: 6000 JPY
- Application: please use online application form.
Note: direct participation without prior application is not permitted.
- Participation: 18 years or older and in good health.
- Clothing/footwear: clothing easy to move around in; indoor shoes (barefoot also OK).
- Other: please bring own water/drinks, towels.
- Dinner reservation: post-seminar dinner with Akuzawa sensei is planned (expected cost approximately 3000 JPY). A great time to ask questions, mix and mingle, and benefit from each other’s experiences.
Confirmations can be made in advance, with finalization during seminar break.